What Is Foundations of Emotional Intelligence?
Emotional Intelligence has been the buzz word for the last 20 years in organizations, but what is the business case for emotional intelligence? High emotional intelligence is associated with strong employee engagement, effective leadership, and building a successful job path.
In this 4-part virtual training, participants will learn how to heighten their self-awareness and manage their emotions by analyzing the impact of reacting vs. responding. Through peer and group activities, participants will use the process and strategies of emotional intelligence to counter “triggered reactions” which can positively influence engagement, performance, and leadership.
Who is it for?
What You Will Learn
This training is delivered in 2-hour virtual sessions weekly over 4 weeks. In this training you will cover:
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence: Participants will learn the four pillars of emotional intelligence.
- Self Awareness: Participants will identify the four pillars of emotional intelligence, analyze self-awareness, identify personal and professional values, and identify triggers under stress.
- Self Management: Participants will define and analyze self-management, distinguish reaction vs. response, and review the “above the line/below the line” model of emotional intelligence.
- Social Awareness: Participants will define and analyze social awareness, identify a range of emotions, and practice the tools of acknowledging and validating.
- Relationship Management: In our last session, participants will define and analyze relationship management, analyze the challenges with courageous conversations, and receive an introduction to radical candor.
Benefits of Foundations of Emotional Intelligence
There are many benefits to bringing Foundations of Emotional Intelligence into your workplace, such as:
Build Stronger Relationships: One of the biggest benefits of higher emotional intelligence is the ability to build better relationships with co-workers, peers, managers, and your direct reports. Having more self and social awareness lets you navigate these relationships better and make them more productive at work.
Improved Problem Resolution with Customers and Employees: Individuals with high emotional intelligence can respond better in escalated situations that you may encounter with customers or co-workers. Using the tools learned they can manage their own emotions better, understand the emotions of others, and ensure they are responding and not reacting to a situation.
Increased Stress Tolerance: People with high emotional intelligence have the skills they need to better manage their emotions and the stress that can be linked to these. They are able to reduce their level of stress and also operate effectively when they are under a high level of stress.
Sign Up Now
This training offers 6 credits
This training offers 6 credits
Virtual training takes place over a Zoom meeting. Class sizes are limited to 20 participants so that interaction and learning are maximized. Once registered, participants will receive details on how to join the Zoom meeting.
Virtual Emotional Intelligence training training includes:
- 6 hours of live, interactive virtual training
- Digital training manuals
- Emotional Intelligence toolkit, these will be sent via email before the first session.
Format: This training is delivered over 90-minute virtual sessions weekly over 4 weeks.
Online Platform: Zoom.us
For Participation You Will Need:
- A computer, laptop, iPad, or smart phone
- Internet access
If you have any questions, need help registering, or would like to be invoiced for this event, please contact: Alec McGuire, Training & Event Coordinator at (616) 608-9684 or Alec.McGuire@ExpressPros.com.
- April 13 – May 4 | Thursdays | 3:00pm – 5:00pm (EST)
- June 1 – June 22 | Thursdays | 3:00pm – 5:00pm (EST)
- August 24 – September 14 | Thursdays | 3:00pm – 5:00pm (EST)
- October 26 – November 16 | Thursdays | 3:00pm – 5:00pm (EST)
We offer customized training, both in person and virtual, for teams across the country. If you’d like a customized training on Foundations of Emotional Intelligence for your team, contact us today.
Recently, a group of our offices in Canada attended Frontline Training Solutions training on Foundation of Emotional Intelligence with Lorraine Medici. Our goal was assist our managers and our clients in supporting and encouraging their people through the COVID crisis so we could retain our staff and continue to grow despite the pandemic. Sometimes it is hard to assess whether the training you pay for has in fact achieved the goals you were seeking and was worth the investment. Our proof was that we did not close a single office and turnover during the pandemic was minimal for our offices and zero turnover in most of them. In addition we were able to help our clients to survive by keeping our employees engaged, hopeful and connected with their clients to pass on their ideas, enthusiasm, hopefulness and support. The result was not only did we survive the pandemic but we thrived and grew despite the obstacles we faced. Thanks Lorraine for a great training program and thank you Janis Petrini and Frontline Training Solutions for making this training available.
Chris M, Franchisee
Express Employment Professionals of Canada
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Actually, we are all emotional, it just shows up in different ways and intensity levels. Emotional intelligence is about what we think and do about the way we feel. Understanding our disruptive emotions can help us navigate our world better. It is also about increasing our social awareness to understand others better.
Advanced Emotional Intelligence
Our Advanced Emotional Intelligence training course can help you understand your emotional intelligence on a deeper level and develop strategies for continuous improvement.
This training is focused on the foundational building blocks of leadership.
Purpose Driven Leadership Training
Learn how to build a better workplace culture and better influence those you lead by "turning the mirror" on yourself.