Here’s what we know to be true: people leave leaders, not companies. As a matter of fact, the Gallup Poll took a 25-year study of 12 million workers in over 7,000 companies showing the direct relationship between a manager and an employee determines the length an employee will stay at a company. Many companies ignore the importance of leadership development while many others invest thousands of dollars each year attempting to develop leaders but not seeing results in engagement, retention, and performance.
Part of the problem is how organizations think about leadership development. Too often, leadership development is a “checklist” item to be done and when the training event is over and little has changed they conclude the training didn’t work. To be successful, the mindset has to change about leadership development. It needs to be an ongoing journey of growth and development. When we believe we have somehow “arrived” and don’t need ongoing development, this is when toxic leadership issues develop.
Any external or internal leadership development training for your team should be seen as a catalyst for change. It is the starting point for leaders to begin applying the tools and skills they’ve learned. At Frontline Training Solutions our focus is never on the “book knowledge” learned in class, but always on the application that must occur once training is complete.
How We Can Help
Strategies to Leadership Development
Companies who realize their people are their most valuable resource understand that developing leaders make this resource a priority. So, what should companies focus on for leadership development? Some ideas include:
- Assessing Business Intelligence: How are metrics aligned and communicated across team, department, and company goals?
- Emotional Intelligence: How does your leadership show up under stress and change?
- Coaching Leadership: Does your leadership know how to coach through performance and behavioral issues with the goal to empower reports to make necessary changes?
- Trustworthiness: Do your people trust your leadership to approach them with concerns and issues and feel heard?
- Teaching: Do your leaders know how to match their teaching style with where their people are at developmentally on a task or skill?
How Frontline Training Solutions Can Help
It’s important to be able to brainstorm where leaders are at in their professional development. Being able to assess the strengths and opportunities for growth with an outside expert can provide a better pathway to what resources would serve your leaders best. Our experts can help you identify the best leadership development path forward. It may be an internal training curriculum or it may make sense to utilize one or more of our leadership development training programs. Leaders can take advantage of our open enrollment courses, or you can host a training session onsite at your company. Here is a list of our top leadership programs to help with personal and professional development.
- Leadership Foundations
- For the new or emerging leaders to learn the basics from hiring smart to employee motivation to running effective meetings to HR essentials.
- Supervisor Boot Camp
- A training program specifically built for supervisors and frontline leaders in manufacturing and similar industrial settings.
- Purpose-Driven Leadership
- For leaders who need the next level of leadership development. This program is the leader looking at themselves and discovering how they can be the number one influence for engagement and retention of people.
- Developing Coaching Leaders
- An advanced leadership program taking a deep dive into the principles of coaching leadership with extensive practice built in.
Rise to the Challenge with Frontline Training Solutions
Our Supervisor Boot Camp training provides the practical tools, tips, and techniques necessary for your frontline management to thrive in the day-to-day battle of frontline leadership.
Employee Motivation and Engagement - Free Webinar Recording
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
We offer training programs for all levels of leaders. Some programs are relevant at all levels of leadership and other programs are most relevant to those at specific levels or industries. If you aren’t sure where you should start contact us to learn more.