What is Generations in the Workplace?
For the first time in our nations history, we have five different generations working at the same time. Although there are similarities between each of the five generations, it is more common to separate each generation by their differences which can lead to age discrimination; thereby, limiting diversity, equality, inclusivity and innovation. To be a competitive organization in today’s market, candidates want to see how organizations treat people, whether or not they personally belong, and how they will use their strengths to make a difference regardless of their generation.
Generations in the Workplace is available in person at our training facility in Grand Rapids, Michigan, in a virtual training format, or onsite at your company anywhere in the country.
Who is it for?
What You Will Learn
This program consists of one 4-hour session that takes place virtually or in person. In this session you will cover:
- Identify the influences of each of the generations: In this training, participants will take a look at the social, political, economic, technological and global influences on generations.
- Understanding Generation Z: In this training, participants will take a deeper look into the newest working generation to understand how they view the world and the workplace.
- Identify meanings: Participants will identify the meaning of work, work/life balance, career pathway and engagement for each of the generations and how they influence our work culture. They will also identify common needs and wants between the generations and discuss how stereotyping and biases have led to age discrimination.
Benefits of Generations in the Workplace training
There are many benefits to bringing Generations in the Workplace into your workplace, such as:
Greater awareness of generational similarities/differences: Whether positive or negative, understanding how each generation views work, work/life balance, family, career pathway, engagement, and more will help us see each generation’s value and contribution in the workplace.
Improve team culture and effectiveness: Every organization has their own team challenges to work through. This course allows you to appreciate cross generational differences and find similarities, allowing the team to work better together.
Improve personal leadership skills: This program equips each participant with leadership tools that promote stronger generational intelligence. A strong generational intelligence allows leaders to look past internal biases and promote the skills and knowledge each generation brings to the table.
Sign Up Now
This training offers 4 credits
This training offers 4 credits
For multiple session training events, only the session start date will appear while registering. Check Upcoming Sessions for all session dates.
In Person Training
In Person Training Program Details
In person training takes place at the Frontline Training Solutions Training Center in Grand Rapids, MI. Class sizes are limited to 10–20 participants so that interaction and learning are maximized.
Generations in the Workplace in person training includes:
- 4 hours of training and application
- Participant guide
Format: One 4-hour session delivered in person.
Location: 1760 44th Street SW, Suite 10, Grand Rapids, MI 49519
If you have any questions, need help registering, or would like to be invoiced for this event, please contact: Alec McGuire, Training & Event Coordinator at (616) 608-9684 or Alec.McGuire@ExpressPros.com.
- May 10 | Wednesday | 1:00pm – 5:00pm (EST)
- July 24 | Monday | 1:00pm – 5:00pm (EST)
We offer customized training, both in person and virtual, for teams across the country. If you’d like a customized session of Generations in the Workplace for your team, contact us today.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
No, actually having a mix of generations in this training provides for a richer opportunity for discussion, learning, and development.