What Is Transforming Workplace Conflict?
Take conflict from being a workplace dread, to an asset. Rather than focus on a step-by-step process for conflict resolution, Transforming Workplace Conflict uses the Everything DiSC Productive Conflict assessment to help participants curb destructive behaviors in the moment so conflict can become more productive. This ultimately improves your workplace results, relationships, and culture. A personal assessment helps learners increase self-awareness around conflict behaviors and discover how to effectively respond to the uncomfortable and unavoidable challenges of workplace conflict.
Who is it for?
What You Will Learn
Transforming Workplace Conflict uses the Everything DiSC® Productive Conflict assessment. This training takes place over three 2-hour sessions virtually for 3 weeks. In these sessions you will cover:
- Understanding DiSC in Conflict: Participants will develop an understanding of how DiSC styles navigate conflict. In-depth time and reflection will be spent on a deeper understanding of their own conflict style tendencies. Participants will then explore other types of conflict styles to create greater social awareness. Overall participants will gain greater self awareness and others awareness when it comes to communication and conflict styles.
- Destructive Behaviors and Triggers: Before more productive conflict can be achieved, individuals need to first understand their own triggers that lead to destructive behaviors in conflict. Participants will explore how triggers during conflict lead to automatic thoughts, which lead to automatic responses – many of which may be destructive behaviors. Using the perspective of DiSC participants will gain a greater understanding of their own triggers and their own tendencies when it comes to negative behaviors as a result of these.
- Creating Productive Conflict: Building on the increased self awareness around conflict that participants have gained so far, they will explore how to shift away from their destructive tendencies and instead shift into productive conflict behaviors. Participants will learn strategies to pause and reframe their automatic thoughts so that they can strategically respond in a productive way vs. their natural automatic response.
- Personal Action Plan: As a final step in this program, participants will create a personal action plan which lays out a specific and measurable plan for them to start improving their self awareness and workplace relationships.
- BONUS – The Catalyst Platform: All participants receive ongoing access to extended learning opportunities with our interactive learning portal that gives participants unlimited access to on-demand insights about DiSC and strategies for applying DiSC to real work situations.
Benefits of Transforming Workplace Conflict
There are many benefits to bringing Transforming Workplace Conflict into your workplace, such as:
Deeper understanding of conflict: Individuals will gain a deeper understanding of what causes conflict and why they react to conflict the way they do.
Improved social awareness: Individuals will gain a better understanding of why others react to conflict the way they do and how to flex to people’s unique communication and conflict styles.
More productive responses: Individuals will learn how to stop themselves before reacting to conflict in an unproductive manner and choose a more effective response.
Improved teamwork: Participants will explore how to build trust with their teams and approach conflict in a way where it becomes a positive that can more the entire team forward.
Sign Up Now
This training offers 6 credits
This training offers 6 credits
In Person Training
Training takes place at the Express Employment Professionals Training center in Grand Rapids. Class sizes are limited to 10–20 participants so that interaction and learning are maximized. Training can also be customized and offered onsite at client companies for large enough groups.
Transforming Workplace Conflict in person training includes:
- 6 hours of live training and application
- 23-page in-depth DiSC Assessment
- Extended learning opportunities with our interactive learning portal that gives participants unlimited access to on-demand insights about DiSC and strategies for applying DiSC to real work situations
- Personal Action Plan – a specific and measurable plan to improve self-awareness and workplace relationship
- Full hot lunch provided.
Format: One 6-hour session delivered in person.
Location: 1760 44th Street SW, Suite 10, Grand Rapids, MI 49519
If you have any questions, need help registering, or would like to be invoiced for this event, please contact: Alec McGuire, Training & Event Coordinator at (616) 608-9684 or Alec.McGuire@ExpressPros.com.
- June 28 | Wednesday | 10:00am – 4:00pm
We offer customized training, both in person and virtual, for teams across the country. If you’d like a customized training on Transforming Workplace Conflict for your team, contact us today. We offer a variety of DiSC related training specifically designed for intact teams.
Customized team training sessions also include:
- Access to the customized online Catalyst Platform.
- Comparison DiSC reports of fellow teammates
- Team View DiSC Report – this report gives you an at-a-glance view of a group of team members and their individual DiSC personality styles.
- Group Culture DiSC Report – determine the group’s culture shaped by the collective DiSC personality style and explore its advantages and disadvantages, impact on group members, and influence on decision-making and risk-taking.
I enjoyed doing the DISC Assessment and facilitation experience with Ryan Williams both for the insight it gave me personally, but also the insight it gave me into professional team dynamics. Of course we all know that as people we think and act differently, but having common language to describe those differences is so helpful. It's also always a good reminder to learn about my own strengths & weaknesses and how that is hurting and helping the teams that I am a part of. I'm excited to have Ryan back in the future to continue to help with team dynamics!
Katie G, Director of Campus Engagement
Ryan did a great job presenting and facilitating our team discussions. Its was time and money well spent. We are committing to work on accountability and will work with the team and provide the accountability they are looking for. We appreciated your time!
Express Employment Professionals of Southwest Michigan
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Yes and no. This course gets at the underlying causes of conflict on a personal level and helps individuals curb destructive reactions and helps them create strategies to consciously choose more productive responses in the moment.
For a structured “how to have a difficult conversation” training see our Courageous Conversations training.
Working Better Together
Working Better Together is an in-depth training that utilizes the DiSC assessment, to give employees the ability to build more productive and effective relationships at work.
This training will introduce radical candor as a model to professionally navigate difficult conversations.
Foundations of Emotional Intelligence
Improve your team collaboration and leadership abilities through a deeper understanding of your own emotional intelligence.