What Is 5-Star Customer Service?
Did you know it takes up to 12 positive experiences to make up for 1 negative experience? This training will bring your internal and external customer service to the next level by identifying behaviors that go beyond just customer service, but rather can elevate the entire customer experience. The impact of 5-star customer service has substantial benefits including: repeat and referral business, reputation and branding, greater business profits, positive morale, higher engagement and retention of employees.
The purpose of this training is to show the business case for exceptional customer service and provide a road map to creating a culture of exceptional customer service in your organization. Participants will receive simulated customer complaints and be challenged and trained to respond.
Who is it for?
What You Will Learn
This 4-hour training is completed in one session virtually or in person. In this training you will cover:
- The Impact of the Customer Experience: The numbers don’t lie, and when it comes to customer service countless statistics reveal the massive impact that good service vs. bad service can have on your entire business. This training will review these facts and dive into specific examples of what good and bad customer service looks like.
- Handling Complaints & Bad News: There will always be times when you or your team encounter an upset customer, need to handle a complaint, or even have to deliver bad news to a customer. Participants will learn a step by step process to follow so that these important moments of customer interaction can actually turn a negative into a positive.
- Strategies for Phone, Face to Face, and Digital Service: Today we interact with customers in a wide variety of formats, each with its own nuances and challenges to overcome. This training will review best practices across communication formats and specific challenges to watch out for.
- 4-Step Process for a Culture of Excellent Service: Participants will learn a 4-step process that can be applied to a team or across an entire organization to foster a culture of excellent service. The 4-steps include: define it, teach it, measure it, and reward it.
Benefits of 5-Star Customer Service
There are many benefits to bringing 5-Star Customer Service into your workplace, such as:
Better Word of Mouth Advertising: Customers tell an average of 9 people about an outstanding customer experience vs. 16 people when they have a bad experience. Create a culture of service at your organization to build your word of mouth brand!
Let your Service be a Competitive Advantage: Rather than a race to the bottom for the lowest price. Train your team to provide better service than your competition and make this your competitive advantage. When it comes to making a purchase, 64% of people find customer experience more important than price.
Learn Proven Processes: This training doesn’t just focus on why customer service is important; but rather, it gives participants the tools and processes they need to consistently deliver a high level of service…again and again and again.
Increased Empathy and Understanding: To provide better service, employees often need to first put themselves into their customer’s shoes. This training will explore ways to increase empathy and understanding in your team so they can better relate to their customers.
Increased Employee Engagement: Interacting with upset customers can be a draining experience for employees. The more you create a culture of excellent service the less time your team will spend with upset customers. Also, the principles of excellent service can be applied to your internal team interactions as well. Overall, a culture of excellent service can make your organization a better place to work and lead to more engaged and happy employees.
Sign Up Now
This training offers 4 credits
This training offers 4 credits
In Person Training
In Person Training Program Details
In person training takes place at the Frontline Training Solutions training center in Grand Rapids, MI. Class sizes are limited to 20 participants so that interaction and learning are maximized.
5-Star Customer Service in person training includes:
- 4 hours of training and activities
- Training workbook, templates, and tools
Format: One 4-hour session delivered in person.
Location: 1760 44th Street SW, Suite 10, Grand Rapids, MI 49519
If you have any questions, need help registering, or would like to be invoiced for this event, please contact: Alec McGuire, Training & Event Coordinator at (616) 608-9684 or Alec.McGuire@ExpressPros.com.
- October 2 | Monday | 1:00pm – 5:00pm (EST)
We offer customized training, both in person and virtual, for teams across the country. If you’d like a customized training on 5-Star Customer Service for your team, contact us today.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
No. In fact, we will spend more time about the why it’s important to understand customer service vs. customer experience and can consult with you personally on ideas to collect customer feedback.
Working Better Together is an in-depth training that utilizes the DiSC assessment, to give employees the ability to build more productive and effective relationships at work.
Take conflict from being a workplace dread, to an asset. Transforming Workplace Conflict helps learners curb destructive behaviors in the moment so conflict can become more productive.